Welcome to our Law Office!

Speak with a Lawyer:

Orlando Child Support Modifications

Sep 3, 2023 | Uncategorized | 0 comments

Orlando Child Support Lawyer

Can I modify my Child Support in Orlando, FL?

What determines child Support?

In the state of Florida, both parents are required to financially support their children. The amount of child support is based on many different factors, including:

  • Each parent’s income
  • The number of children
  • The amount of time each child spends with each parent
  • The needs of the child, such as medical expenses and childcare costs

Child Support amounts ordered are official when:

  • Parents agree to the amount in writing
  • A judge signs an order after a hearing

The Florida Department of Revenue provides child support services, collects payments, and enforces support orders.

What if I need to modify my Child Support order?

If you are unable to make your required child support payments, you may be able to modify your order.

How do I modify my Child Support?

To modify child support you will need to file a petition with the court that issued your original child support order. The court will then review your case and decide whether or not to modify the amount of child support you owe.

What needs to be included in a Petition to Modify Child Support?

Your petition to modify child support should include:

  • Your name and the name of the other parent
  • The names and ages of your children
  • Your current address and phone number
  • Your current employment information
  • A list of your monthly expenses
  • The reason you are requesting a modification
  • The amount of child support you are currently paying or receiving
  • The amount of child support you are requesting

Financial Affidavit

You will also need to file a financial affidavit with your petition. This form will ask for detailed information about your income, assets, and liabilities.

Service of process to the other parent

Once you have completed your petition and financial affidavit, you will need to serve them to the other parent.

Hearing or Default Judgement of Modification

After the other parent has been served, they will have 20 days to respond to your petition. If they do not respond, the court may grant your request for a modification without a hearing. If the other parent does respond, the court will schedule a hearing.

At the hearing, both you and the other parent will have a chance to present evidence and witnesses to support your case. The judge will then make a decision on whether or not to modify your child support order.

Need help with Child Support Modifications? Call Stephen Caplan For Help.

If you are seeking to modify your child support order, it is important to speak with an attorney. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected.

You May Also Like


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *